Introduction
Hi, I'm Braden Estes, a student in Film 100 at North Central College. I am a finance major here and I play on the golf team. My hometown is a suburb of Indianapolis, Indiana called Fishers. Similarly to Naperville, Fishers has its affluent areas near its downtown sector. When we first moved there, the town was large, but old and a bit dusty. Since I went to high school and after every time I come back from college, it seems like something is changing. Maybe a new building is going up, or neighborhoods I used to ride my bike through are being torn down to build restaurants and townhomes.
While I am an only child, I have a large extended family. My cousins all seem eager to get married, since three of them are getting hitched this year. I was honored to stand in my cousin Damon's wedding. We are only two months apart, so we have been close our whole lives. I enjoy pulling pranks so we faked the first look with his wife. I got one of his best friends to slide into a white dress and surprise him. We all got a kick out of Damon revealing the first thing he saw of his wife was chest hair.
I grew up playing a ton of golf, since my dad and grandpa play. I enjoy being out in nature, surrounded by grass, trees, sand and water. I've seen many golf documentaries, especially following Tiger Woods, the greatest to ever do it. But my favorite golf related film is The Greatest Game Ever Played, staring Shia LaBeouf. It details the story of a Massachusetts boy named Francis Ouimet who won the US Open as an amateur. My dad and I would watch it before the US Open was played every year when I was little.

I've always wanted a relative that is close to me! I have a brother and he is three years older than me. He finally started talking to me normally but we aren't clos still. I have five cousins but they are all living far from me or they are really busy that I haven't seen them for years. It's great to have someone related to you ta have near you all the time:)
ReplyDeleteHi Braden,
ReplyDeleteI feel the same way about my hometown. Every time I go back, something seems to change. It seems to just be part of living away from home. I can relate to a love for nature. It's great to have a hobby where you can both be alone, and with others at times.
LOL those wedding pranks are the best. If they don't do that at my wedding what's even the point of getting married? My town back home in California is also going through changes, however it's going backwards rather than getting better. Weeds are starting to overgrow everything, litter is slowly accumulating, there is endless construction, and things are not getting repaired. Kinda sad, glad to see your town is thriving.
ReplyDeleteI think it's good that you go to a college similar to the environment of your hometown. I bet that helps a lot with settling in. I come from Houston, TX so getting acquainted with Naperville was something that I struggled with. Also, I think it's funny how you did a prank fake first look at the wedding, that is totally something that I would do.
ReplyDeleteWhoa! I met Shia as a very young boy, just before he was a big star. Very shy and sweet. I'm hoping he can turn it all around. I never saw the gold film, but your post makes me want to watch it! My Dad was BIG into golf. He's have played all day every day if he could have. He took me for lessons, and I once got a hole in one (on a 3 par course), but I never caught the bug.
ReplyDeleteGlad to have you with us, Braden!! Are there any other golf films you like? Me? CADDYSHACK!